Who doesn’t love gifts or free cash? Well, most retailers reward their loyal customers with gift cards to buy items in their stores. You may also earn the voucher from your employer as a token for a job well done.
Gift cards are an ideal present to a friend or loved one during special occasions. It’s easier to give a gift card when you’re not sure about the person’s preference. However, gift cards can sometimes be unnecessary or not meet one’s expectations.
So, what do you do if you’ve received a gift card for a retail store that’s not within your neighborhood or for a meal in your not-so-favorite restaurant? The perfect option in such a scenario is to cash it in.
Selling gift cards online has become a norm in most countries. If you’re worried about legit platforms to make money from your voucher, sit back and relax. Numerous websites and stores exist where you can sell your gift card safely.
Here’s our compilation of the best platforms to sell gift cards for cash:
Raise is the leading platform where you can sell your gift voucher. The renowned website allows gift card owners to list their cardss for sale at their preferred prices. You may also choose an amount as suggested by Raise.com.
Although finding the right buyer for your voucher may take some time, once an interested party buys it, you’ll receive cash immediately via check, your bank, or PayPal account. However, the website deducts a specific amount from the payment as commission.
Pros of Raise.com
- Raise is BBB-accredited and has an impressive rating.
- The site offers a one-year guarantee for gift cards.
- It accepts physical cards and allows up to 85% of store credit cards.
- Raise has a slower payout process than its competitors.
- Getting the ideal buyer can take some time.
Cardpool is a trusted website that offers an easy way to sell vouchers online for cash. However, unlike Raise, Cardpool has a selection of prices that sellers have to choose from. You only have to sign in to the site, provide your card’s details, select your preferred price, and then send the card as you await the payment.
Pros of Cardpool
- It offers an option to receive payment as Amazon gift cards.
- It has a one-year guarantee.
- The Cardpool app offers access to a digital wallet.
- Cardpool has various kiosks within other stores where sellers can exchange gift cards for cash.
- Cardpool has a low BBB rating.
- The Cardpool app is only available on Apple App Store.
- Your gift card must have a minimum of $15 and a maximum of $1,000 to qualify for exchange in Cardpool kiosks.
eBay is an auction site where you can sell a gift card for cash. You can get a good profit on eBay but it is mostly after some hassles. The website is ideal when other exchange sites cannot accept your voucher. In most cases, you’ll get 60-80% of your card’s value.
Since eBay is a popular site like the Facebook Marketplace, you may have to take precautions to avoid fraudsters. You can do this by:
- Not sharing your card number or PIN on the listing.
- Buying postage via PayPal for eBay to track shipping information.
- Only emailing the card number of PIN to the buyer after they receive the card physically.
Pros of eBay
- eBay offers seller protection after verifying the gift card’s balance.
- The marketplace offers a final resort when other gift card exchangers cannot accept your voucher.
- There are potential risks of eBay for sellers.
- eBay charges several fees that lower the final selling price.
Pls247 is the ideal option to sell your gift card physically. You only need to locate a Pls247 store within your locality and exchange your card for instant cash. Pls247 offers around-the-clock services, thus, are a convenient way to make money from your unwanted gift cards.
Pros of Pls247
- Pls247 offers a safe way to exchange voucher cards.
- The stores accept both new and slightly used cards.
- There is no guarantee that your gift card will be accepted.
- Your gift card should have a balance that ranges from $20 to $400.
Gift Card Bin
Gift Card Bin offers a flexible way to sell unwanted gift cards. The marketplace has both online and physical gift card services. Hence, if you wish to sell vouchers online, you only have to visit the Gift Card Bin site, create an account, and share the card information to receive the best offer. For offline exchange, you have to visit the nearest store and sell your card.
Pros of Gift Card Bin
- It offers attractive discounts for gift card purchases.
- Gift Card Bin offers 100 days guarantee.
- It has a good record of customer satisfaction.
- Gift Card Bin is not BBB accredited.
- It offers a smaller selection of gift cards than its competitors.
- There are few great deals.
It is a reliable online platform to sell gift cards online. To sell your card on the website, you need to sign in, select your type of gift card from the list, and choose the best offer. You will receive instant payment once a buyer accepts your offer.
Pros of QuickCashMi
- It offers one of the fastest ways to sell gift cards online.
- It purchases discounted gift cards from sellers directly.
- QuickCashMi offers three ways to sell gift cards; via mail, in person, and redeem them online.
- You have to wait for your card’s verification before making a sale.
Gift Card Granny
The renowned website is an ideal platform with multiple exchange options. On this popular site, you can easily sell your card at a price of your choice or select an offer from its drop list. Moreover, you can exchange your unwanted gift card for another preferred one. Gift Card Granny also allows voucher card owners to sell their gift cards physically.
Pros of Gift Card Granny
- The platform has multiple gift card exchange options.
- It is a trusted website with BBB accreditation.
- You can earn up to 92% of your car’s value.
- It offers a cash-back option.
- Its deals are sometimes lower than the competitors.
- Gift Card Granny doesn’t directly buy gift cards from sellers.
If you are looking for the highest rates for your unwanted gift card, CardCash is the ideal site. The marketplace is a user-friendly platform that allows you to sell your voucher online and make cash instantly. CardCash accepts new and slightly used cards. The website offers an option to sell gift cards or exchange them for preferred ones from reputable brands.
Pros of CardCash
- It offers multiple payment options, including PayPal, checks, and direct bank deposits.
- You can get a maximum of 92% of your gift card’s value.
- There might be misleading savings.
GiftCash is an ideal platform if you’re looking for high payouts. On this trusted website, you can earn up to 92% payout value from your card. GiftCash accepts vouchers from over 150 popular brands. It also has several payment options.
Pros of GiftCash
- It is a user-friendly platform that keeps sellers up-to-date with the latest information throughout the selling process.
- It offers multiple payout options, including cryptocurrencies and PayPal.
- It allows a bulk sale alternative.
- The payout turnaround time may take 10 to 15 days.
- Bigger brands receive higher payouts than smaller merchants.
One of the reliable gift card marketplaces, uSell offers one of the fastest payouts. The website has a simple procedure for making sales. You only have to log in, select your card brand, enter your card’s current value, choose an offer, and wait for a buyer to make a purchase. The payout turnaround time is approximately 24 hours.
Pros of uSell
- uSell accepts both physical cards and store credits.
- It provides a free shipping label when mailing gift cards.
- It offers sellers an option to sell their gift cards electronically.
- Finding a perfect buyer may take some time due to the site’s strict vetting process.
- It has limited payout options.
Though Craigslist is not a specific marketplace for gift cards, it offers a good platform to sell your voucher online. To make a purchase, you have to list your card in a closely related category and choose a suitable price. Since most people visit the site to seek discounts, ensure that the card’s price is reasonable.
Pros of Craigslist
- Craigslist is an ideal avenue to sell cards locally.
- You can cash out your gift card instantly.
- It has limited payout options.
- It only works for local gift cards that cannot be acceptable on larger exchanges.
- Sellers might fall victim to fraudsters.
CardKangaroo is one of the best platforms to cash out your unwanted gift card in person. Before selling your voucher, you have to select the merchant, enter the card’s value, and select an offer. The company then offers a free shipping label for you to mail the card. Once they receive the card, CardKangaroo sends your payment via mail or PayPal.
Pros of CardKangaroo
- It offers a fast selling process.
- It gives a free shipping option for physical cards.
- CardKangaroo has no e-gift option.
Despite being a new entrant in the market, ClipKard has gained recognition as one of the best avenues to sell gift cards online for cash. The site provides a quick way to earn money by selling your unwanted voucher. Though you have no option to set your preferred price, you are guaranteed instant cash after the sale.
Pros of ClipKard
- It is a secure platform.
- ClipKard accepts gift cards from most retailers and brands.
- It offers rewards.
- Gift card offers depend on the current retail value and brand.
CheckIntoCash is a versatile website that allows users not only to sell checks but also gift cards. It is a user-friendly site that accepts cards from numerous brands and retailers.
Pros of CheckIntoCash
- It offers instant payouts.
- Accepts new and slightly used cards.
- It also allows in-person exchanges.
- You have to verify your identity before making a sale.
- CheckIntoCash only accepts cards with a minimum balance of $20.
As the name suggests, CardSwap is a gift card exchange platform. Hence, you can either sell your voucher for cash or swap it with a preferred gift card.
Pros of CardSwap
- It is a secure site.
- It offers reward points that sellers can redeem for cash or gift cards.
- It offers relatively low payouts.
How to Sell Gift Cards for Cash Safely Online
Now that we have covered some of the best platforms to sell your unwanted gift cards, you might be wondering how you can safely make sales online. Well, the online marketplace is home to many fraudsters, so your concerns are valid.
Here are various ways to securely sell your gift cards online:
- Choose a renowned and trusted gift card exchange.
To avoid disappointments, only trade your gift card on a secure platform. We have eased up the selection process by listing the best and safe platforms to sell your vouchers.
- Use security software.
Some fraudsters may access your gift card details by hacking your computer. Hence, always use updated security software to safely sell your vouchers online.
- Never mail your card number or PIN to buyers.
If you are mailing the gift card physically, wait until the buyer has received the voucher to avoid leakage of your credentials.
- Exchange your gift card with a more valuable one.
Some gift cards pay better than others. Therefore, if you have an unwanted gift card, you can seek a secure platform to exchange it with another one and resell it at a higher price.
Time to cash in
Cashing in turnaround time depends on the platform where you sell your gift card. While some websites or stores offer instant payouts, you may have to wait for several days or hours on others. Well, the best marketplace will depend on how urgently you need the money.
Moreover, some platforms with immediate cashing-in options may also offer low payouts. In contrast, those that have slower payouts may have the best offers.
You don’t have to stick around with an unwanted gift card when you can sell it and earn money instantly. Check out the ideal platform to sell your card, either online or at the store near you.